Electrical Engineer / Computer Engineer
Location Huntsville, AL
AVNIK is seeking a mid -level systems engineer, with a background in electrical or computer engineering (BS and 5+ years’ experience) in algorithms, networking, artificial intelligence, and statistics. Successful candidate will act as project engineer on AVNIK R&D efforts for Department of Defense (DoD) technical programs and assume lead roles in proposal writing for potential future projects.
At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits and quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our technical team, you'll interface with the customer and be charged with managing technical programs for the DoD. You’ll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal personnel as well as external organizations and stakeholders.
The position will include collaboration within a team environment while emphasizing individual contributions to produce products that are valuable to the customer. Candidates must have good people skills and the desire to work with a highly technical team of functional experts, adept at developing requirements from customer feedback, and be able to communicate requirements. As a part of Team AVNIK, the candidate will work closely with senior engineers for guidance. Candidates must clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing, perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams/IPTs/working groups, and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment.
Education Requirements: Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college/university and 5 years’ work experience is required. Advanced Degree a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Research, analyze, and design algorithms for DoD support systems
- Networking for interfaces, artificial intelligence (AI) technology, and applying statistics to scientific or industrial problems.
- Excellent creative problem solving skills and experience programming with MATLAB
- Apply signal processing, machine learning, and optimization techniques to various real world problems
- Support engineering teams to develop technology solutions
- Strong verbal and written skills to support interaction with customers, writing proposals, research scientific papers, and present work for customer briefings and technical conferences when appropriate.
- US. Citizenship is required for this position
- Demonstrated ability to design, prototype, and evaluate algorithms
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Familiarity with modern software languages and practices
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; ability to clearly express ideas/concepts in discussions and written documents and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully.
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is require
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com for Questions Call: 256.217.5870