AVNIK Masters or PhD Entry-Level Radar Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
Job Description: AVNIK is seeking a recent electrical engineering graduate (with a master's or PhD) specializing in radar signal analysis associated with wave guide design and development. The successful candidate will provide radar signal analysis and engineering support for wave guide design and development to the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC), Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC), Engineering Directorate (ED).
AVNIK’s ideal candidate will have experience performing wave guide analysis, design and tuning to optimize signal to noise output.
Must be comfortable with a hands on approach building a frequency modulated continuous wave radar generator, a representative wave guide using cables of various gauges, lengths and conditions, and analyze the wave guide using signal processing techniques, high order analytical tools, high performance computer with a Linux operating system and MATLAB tools (or similar) to perform analysis determining wave guide anomalies, characterize wave guide anomalies, and location of anomalies.
This project is suitable for PhD candidates researching the use of wave guide signal analysis for characterizing cable wire condition.
- Provide engineering expertise in system design, development, and testing and evaluation
- Integrate, test, and evaluate designed radar systems
- Prepare and present briefings on analysis, current tasks, schedules, and goals
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Professional communication skills demonstrated on a daily basis
Education Requirements: Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Electrical Engineering, or related technical field is required. Doctoral candidates are encouraged to apply. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are mandatory
- MATLAB tools (or similar) experience is mandatory
- Strong statistics experience including non-parametric tests and advanced statistical analysis techniques
- Analysis determining wave guide anomalies, characterize wave guide anomalies, and location of anomalies
- Linux operating systems
- Signal processing techniques
- Strong experience with linear algebra
- Strong understating of acoustic signal dynamics in materials
- Signal processing experience
- Strong understanding of Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Strong understanding of high frequency analysis
- Experience in writing technical reports and briefings
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience working prototyping in breadboards and soldering
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information:email@example.com for Questions Call: 256.217.5870