Location: Redstone Arsenal, AL
Position: Full Time
Position Description: AVNIK Defense Solutions, Inc is seeking a Senior Logistics Engineer with 10+ years of experience supporting US Army Project Offices. The successful candidate will provide logistics engineering support to the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Logistics Management Division (LMD) Chief / Product Support Manager (PSM) for a portfolio of unmanned aircraft, ground systems, and special tools and equipment that span the acquisition lifecycle framework.
Support will focus on influencing system acquisition and sustainment to reduce logistics footprint, increase readiness, decrease maintenance burden, resolve supportability issues, minimize total ownership costs and improve supply chain performance.
- Participate in meetings and reviews for new weapon systems or major upgrades to the fielded UAS fleet and/or review statements of work (SOW), contracts requirements packages (CRP), Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), Modification Work Orders (MWO), and other changes/upgrades for supportability impacts and communicate results to logistics and technical personnel as appropriate. This review will also include an assessment of whether the technical data to be obtained is appropriate for the product support approach (field v. depot maintenance, organic v. contractor field service support, competing spares v. sole source, etc.).
- Coordinate with Technical Management Division (TMD) and Product Office (PdO) engineers and technical staff in order to identify and prioritize correction of RAM, obsolescence, and other design issues contribution to readiness, supply, and maintenance drivers tracked by LMD.
- Provide timely review of new or updated acquisition documentation, including but not limited to Life Cycle Support Plans (LCSP) and Systems Engineering Plans (SEP), to support acquisition milestone reviews.
- Be required to maintain cognizance of deadlines and take appropriate action to complete tasks in time to accommodate review schedules.
- Leverage technical and logistics experience in performing reviewing contractor proposals with a focus on identifying potential product support impacts.
- Recognize issues, propose or jointly develop corrective action, and keep the PSM informed. Provide briefings, presentations, and written reports to leadership, management and peers.
- At least 10 years of acquisition experience in US Army Project Offices required.
- Experience in both the engineering and logistics domains required.
- Experience developing, reviewing, modifying and/or providing input into acquisition documentation, especially Life Cycle Support Plans (LCSP) and appendices and Systems Engineering Plans (SEP) required.
- Participation in technical Integrated Product Teams (IPT), meetings, or coordinating with engineers and technical staff required.
- Review of contract requirements packages (CRP), contract actions, and deliverables required.
- Knowledge of organic product support, performance based logistics (PBL), and contractor logistics support (CLS) preferred.
- Experience with technical data rights and applicability to product support desired.
- Experience with maintenance and supply concepts [level of repair analysis (LORA), maintenance task analysis [MTA], and Integrated Logistics Assessments (ILA)] desired.
- Conduct of data mining and analysis using Army information systems desired.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree, Science, or technical field preferred.