Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
AVNIK has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Integration Lab (SIL) Engineer to plan and manage Software/ System Integration Lab (SIL) resources to support Department of Defense (DoD) program needs.
At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits and quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our technical team, you'll interface with the customer and be charged with managing technical programs for the DoD. You’ll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal personnel as well as external organizations and stakeholders.
Candidates must be able to provide technical oversight for System Integration Laboratory (SIL) build-up, system requirements derivation, requirements management, requirements change management, system design development, system integration planning, system requirements verification, system performance validation, and onsite installation, setup and acceptance testing of systems. The position also involves the following:
- Close coordination with Project Leadership plus proactive engagement with simulation software, subsystem procurement, hardware development teams, and other teams both inside and outside AVNIK, to ensure an effective system engineering communication interface is established and maintained.
- Support the development of hardware and software lab architectures (e.g., wiring, networking, diagnostic interfaces, physical layouts, facilities planning, etc.) to connect lab infrastructure with aircraft electronics
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams to design and build the lab benches
- Communicating project status and staffing needs with program and functional leadership
- Conduct software integration and testing in an Agile environment using various test methodologies on sprint releases for hardware and software projects
- Define application interfaces between components, drive standards for data transfer
Education Requirements: BS STEM degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other similar discipline with five years of experience (or equivalent) in related field.
- Must be able to identify and determine HW device and network specification requirements
- Experience with planning and managing Software/ System Integration Lab (SIL) resources to effectively support program needs
- Experience with DoD-based SIL development and operations
- Building and troubleshooting Lab networks
- Clearance: Must have an Interim Secret Security Clearance to start with the ability to obtain a full Secret Clearance
- Certifications (Have or able to obtain): Security+, Windows OS
- Experience with Administrative privileges to operate on USG Networks
- Knowledge or experience in lab system design and development
- Previous experience leading a team to standup a new laboratory
- Experience with technical activity for design, integration, test, and delivery of technical product
- Computer systems engineering or administration experience; designing, implementing, maintaining and diagnosing lab and tactical computing systems
- Knowledge of standard system engineering processes and procedures
- Experience interfacing with demanding customers and working with geographically distributed team and management structures
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Operating System design and development
- Software development
- Lab Integration/Build-ups
- HW or SW integration
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com for Questions Call: 256.217.5870