Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
This is a C#/.NET software development position. AVNIK is seeking Jr and Mid C# .NET software developers to support the US Army Software, Simulation, and Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate at Redstone Arsenal. Need is for strong software developers with experience in developing and testing with the .NET Framework and Visual Studio IDE.
Experience requirements for Jr developers is a BA/BS 2+ years and for Mid developers is 5+ years (4 Years experience may be substituted for degree).
At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits. At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our software team, you'll be charged with developing software systems for the US Army in a Microsoft Windows environment utilizing Visual Studio 2017/2019 and SQL Server 2016.
You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships to support the Software, Simulation, and Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) at Redstone Arsenal. You will perform as part of a government/industry software team to design, develop, and test software applications, conduct analysis, interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from customer. Come strive in a fast-paced environment while learning and growing in the field of software development to enhance Army aviation flight operations and training activities for the Centralized Aviation Flight Records System (CAFRS).
Jr. - 2+ years of experience (YOE) and a BA/BS degree. May substitute 4 YOE for a Bachelors Degree.
Mid – 5 years of experience and a BA/BS degree or MA/MS degree and three (3) years of experience. May substitute 4 YOE for a Bachelors Degree
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- C# Programming Experience.
- Experience with .NET Framework and Visual Studio IDE.
- Experience with .NET Core/Web Development
- Experience with MVC
- Object-Oriented Programming and Design Experience.
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams.
- Experience with .NET automated testing framework
- Ability to create requirements specifications, design documentation and other technical documentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices and object-oriented methodologies
- Experience with SQL.
- US Citizenship is required
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; ability to clearly express ideas/concepts in discussions and written documents and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org for Questions Call: 256.217.5870