Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
Job Description: The candidate for this position will provide Software Engineering support for US Army MCE project. The candidate will support a small team to design, implement, and test software components for Army tactical systems. The position will include collaboration within a team environment while emphasizing individual contributions to produce products that are valuable to the customer. Candidate must have good people skills and the desire to work with a highly technical team of engineers.
- Must be able to interact effectively with individuals of different experience levels and backgrounds including government and external industry personnel.
- Candidate will be expected to work in a small team, agile environment, to design, implement and test SW components through the entire SW lifecycle.
- Candidate will be expected to break up larger SW modules into smaller, incrementally delivered components on tasks that have been assigned to them.
- Candidate will be required to create and present design documentation, as well as participate in design reviews for SW modules assigned to their team. Good communication skills are a must.
- Candidate will be expected to participate in peer reviews of other teammates SW implementation and design (e.g., code reviews).
- Candidate will be expected to develop unit test strategies on components they have been assigned.
- Candidate will be expected to test developed SW in a lab environment with actual fielded hardware.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline (Software Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science, Software Development), 5+ years of experience, and exposure to software technologies. Masters and 3+ years of related experience. Four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Proficiency in C++
- Linux Operating Systems
- Familiarization with MIL-STD-2167 System Software Development
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; ability to clearly express ideas/concepts in discussions and written documents and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess an Interim US Secret Security Clearance, then be able to obtain and maintain a Final Secret Clearance.
- Experience working with VMF Messages
- Networking Experience
- UML Diagramming
- Experience with Army Tactical Systems
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org for Questions Call: 256.217.5870