Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
Summary: AVNIK is seeking an Embedded Software, Firmware, and Test Engineer with 5+ years of experience.
At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits. At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our software test team, you'll support the Tactical Aviation and Ground Munitions (TAGM) Project Office (PO), Program Executive Office (PEO) Missiles and Space. You'll be charged with providing engineering support and technical expertise to include software engineering, suitability, supportability, sustainment and testing support for the software and firmware configuration items within the various missiles, trainers, test assets, and components of the Air to Ground Munitions Systems (AGMS).
You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal and external organizations and stakeholders.
You will perform as part of a software team performing code modifications and maintenance, developing and running test scripts/test procedures, verify and validate code builds, create build environments, and collaborate with system Engineers and system leads
Come strive in a fast-paced environment while learning and growing in software sustainment with an emphasis on embedded software and firmware testing.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Modify and Maintain Code
- Develop and Run Test Script
- Develop and Modify Test Procedures
- Verify and Validate Code Builds
- Create Build Environments
- Collaborate with System Engineers and System Leads
- Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited college or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Must possess an active and transferable DoD security clearance with current investigation at the required level.
- Must be able to maintain the required clearance.
- Understand Full Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience Testing and Writing Test Scripts and Procedures for Tactical Systems
- Experience tracing requirements to code to test procedures to requirements
- Experience with low/mid level Ada, C, C++, MATLAB
- Knowledge and Experience with Missile Systems
- Experience with VxWorks and/or comparable operating systems
- Experience with VHDL and/or Verilog
- Experience with FPGA Test Bench Verification
- Experience with DSPs and Software Defined Radios
- Experience interfacing FPGAs with higher level applications running on embedded targets
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com for Questions Call: 256.682.6261