Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
Office Operations and Budget Analyst Position Description
At AVNIK, we're different! Quality of life is non-negotiable. We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts, and have superb benefits. AVNIK Defense Solutions is seeking an operations and budget analyst. The candidate will work performing budget analysis and perform general admin taskings involving invoicing, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) development, and recording company transactions in QuickBooks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations and Budget Analyst will work directly with Program Management and Executive Leadership to support a wide range of Operational duties. The ideal candidate will be flexible and quick to learn as it is a dynamic position. AVNIK is a growing company and the ability to multi-task is a must.
Budget Analysis and Project Controls
- Prepare, compile, and analyze financial reports, contracts, and manpower data.
- Analyze using Excel to sort the data, create graphs, and perform trend analyses for the purpose of forecasting and providing status updates for multiple contract and in-house efforts.
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure adherence to established budgets.
- Analyze manpower support actual burn rates and ensure adequate budget for project completion.
- Create briefings and graphics using PowerPoint to brief project leads and key management personnel of financial, contract, and manpower status.
- Utilize effective communication and documentation to perform project control functions such as identifying resources, tracking of funds, realignments, adding additional labor categories, managing funds for travel, and creating Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates.
- Build and maintain tracking logs of all funding documents to monitor funding processed, committed, obligated, and expended for all company projects.
- Ensure that payment is processed against the correct contract effort.
Proposal / Contract Support
- Manage and create cost proposals for a variety of different contracts including cost-plus-fixed-fee, firm fixed-price, and Time and Materials (T&M).
- Create proposals by working with the customer and our team of interdisciplinary subject matter experts to establish project expectations and milestones that are developed into a Statement of Work (SOW) to satisfy technical requirements within allotted schedule and budget.
- Perform line by line crosswalk of the SOW Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) against the manpower hours and materials required to complete the contract deliverables.
- Apply loaded rates in the form of General and Administrative (G&A), overhead, and fee to produce a final proposal for the government customer.
- Manage purchase orders and vendor invoices for projects requiring procurement.
- Maintain company website.
- Create digital content for Social Media accounts.
- Design graphics, flyers, and related media to support company reports and proposals. Familiarity with CANVA is a Plus
- Assist in performing human resource functions such as in-processing, out-processing, and managing training.
- Manage and process employee timecards.
- Confirm and process payroll.
- Individual must be proactive, well organized, able to quickly adjust with technology changes, able to prioritize and multi-task, and take direction
- Working knowledge and experience with QuickBooks and budgeting.
- Experience with project controls and tracking funding over multiple contracts.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 Business Suite (focusing primarily on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and TEAMS)
- Experience performing contract modifications such as Period of Performance (POP) extensions and realignments.
- Experience developing proposal cost volumes.
- Ability to document established processes in a way others can follow.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently make Power for presentation to government customers or key management personnel.
- Familiarity with DFARS and NIST 800-171.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, basic cost accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience with technical editing, writing, and cost volume development.
- Experience writing new policies and implementing them.
Education - Bachelors of Science in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Technical or equivalent with a minimum of 2+ years of experience, advanced degree a plus.
- Position requires that candidate successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment.
- This position may require the candidate to obtain an INTERIM SECRET security clearance; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance may impact continued employment.
- US Citizenship is required.
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com for Questions Call: 256.682.6261