Reliability Availability Maintainability (RAM) Engineer
Location On-Site Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL with Occasional Remote
Summary: AVNIK is seeking a journeyman-mid level RAM engineer to improve reliability for the US Army Missile and Space program. The ideal candidate will have a BS degree + 3-5 years’ experience knowledge of electronic systems and familiarity with Relex / Windchill.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to work with little supervision to identify, quantify, and capture opportunities for cost savings and process improvements with respect to Army electronic boxes.
The candidate is expected to have some familiarity with Relex/Windchill and be able to manipulate existing models as well as perform basic Reliability and Maintainability predictions.
Exceptionally Qualified candidates will also possess demonstrated expertise in Hazard Analysis and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Reports, Critical Items Lists (CIL), risk assessments and Fault Trees.
Ability to establish and maintain close relationships with internal Army personnel as well as external organizations and stakeholders, are essential. Candidates must clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing, perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams/IPTs/Working Groups, and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment.
Position requires that candidate meet requirements to obtain a final security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to obtain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Related Professional Certifications in Quality, Reliability, Systems Safety, System Engineering and Reliability are preferred
- Experience using Military Handbook MIL-HDBK-217, Reliability Prediction of Electronic Equipment
- Knowledge of Electronic Systems Architecture, Data Bus, Diagnostics and board level Built-In-Test (BIT).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent and 3-5 years’ work experience is required
- 5-10% Travel, Trip Reports as Require
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employme
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is require
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.