Location: Huntsville, AL
Schedule: Full-time / Part-time
AVNIK is seeking a junior/entry-level highly motivated, creative, and organized Computer Science (CS) programmer with a focus on immersive technologies and related gaming experience in software development.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior developers for guidance through the intricacies for turning customer requirements into code in a fast moving environment. You will be involved in various aspects of game creations from concept to finished product including coding, programming, human-machine interface (with several different peripherals), audio and design. Ability to listen to feedback and work within a team.
Candidates must clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing, perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams/IPTs/Working Groups, and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment.
Ability to work under strict time frames to meet both internal and external deadlines and customer expectations. Must be able to manage own work and be able to balance multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new processes.
Position requires that candidate successfully complete Background Investigation requirements and obtain a final security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to obtain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
- Identify and document customer requirements with aid of senior developer
- Translate requirements into complicated but clean, efficient, and maintainable code
- Construct the base or the engine on which the game will run
- Document development processes
- Produce prototypes of gameplay ideas and features
- Develop schedules and determine milestones
- Generate game scripts and storyboards
- Animate characters and objects
- Contribute to the design and audio features of the game
- Create unit tests and validation procedures to assure quality
- Detect identification and resolution and document technical specifications
- “Polish” the game, maintain code, fix bugs and iron out occurring problems
Preferred Education Requirements:
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student pursuing a degree OR recent graduate in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Games Technology.
- Experience with Unity3D (required).
- Hands on experience primarily with C# or C++ or other programming languages (Java, C, etc)
- High level knowledge of APIs and libraries
- Up-to-date with the latest gaming trends, techniques, best practices and technologies
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented language for applications with video game development
- Familiarity with CryEngine and Unreal
- Familiarity with one or more programming specialties (virtual reality/augmented reality, artificial intelligence, 3D Visualization, 3D Rendering, 3D animation, physics, multiplayer/networking, or audio)
- Understanding of software development. testing, and administration of MS SQL server, MYSQL database (or Oracle).
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment.
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
AVNIK Contact Information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 256.217.5870
To apply for this position click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resumes.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package Salary commensurate with experience and education.