Mid to Sr Unity 3D Programmer
Location Huntsville, AL
AVNIK is a Woman Owned Small Business, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
AVNIK is seeking a Mid/Senior level highly motivated, creative, and organized Computer Science (CS) programmer with a focus on immersive technologies and related gaming experience in software development for systems optimization, data reuse, and sustainment.
The successful candidate will turn customer requirements into code in a fast moving environment. You will be involved in various aspects of game creations from concept to finished product including coding, programming, human-machine interface (with several different peripherals), audio and design. Ability to work within a team is crucial.
Candidates must clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing, perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams/IPTs/Working Groups, and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment. Ability to work under strict time frames to meet both internal and external deadlines and customer expectations. Must be able to manage own work and be able to balance multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new processes.
Position requires that candidate successfully complete Background Investigation requirements and obtain a final security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to obtain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
- Identify and document customer requirements
- Translate requirements into complicated but clean, efficient, and maintainable code
- Construct the base or the engine on which the game will run
- Document development processes
- Produce prototypes of gameplay ideas and features
- Develop schedules and determine milestones
- Generate game scripts and storyboards
- Animate characters and objects
- Contribute to the design and audio features of the game
- Create unit tests and validation procedures to assure quality
- Detect identification and resolution and document technical specifications
- “Polish” the game, maintain code, fix bugs and iron out occurring problems
Preferred Education Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related technical field with a background or interest in computer programming or game technology. Mid to Senior Level includes 3 to over 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Unity3D (required).
- Hands on experience primarily with C# or C++ or other programming languages (Java, C, etc)
- High level knowledge of APIs and libraries
- Up-to-date with the latest gaming trends, techniques, best practices and technologies
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage own work and be able to balance multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new processes.
Preferred Skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Augmented Reality Systems such as Microsoft HoloLens
- Virtual Reality Systems such as Oculus Rift
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented language for applications with video game development
- Familiarity with CryEngine and Unreal Engine 4 Game Engine
- Familiarity with one or more programming specialties (virtual reality/augmented reality, artificial intelligence, 3D Visualization, 3D Rendering, 3D animation, physics, multiplayer/networking, and/or audio).
- Understanding of software development, modeling and/or testing, and administration of Microsoft Server and MS SQL server, MYSQL database, (or Oracle)
- Understanding of Logistics Product Data (LPD) Reuse for Sustainment Operations and GEIA-STD-0007 and Digital Thread
- Demonstrated understanding and wide application of System Engineering technical principles, theories and concepts, along with complete Software Development life cycle knowledge is necessary.
- Previous work within an Army data center and virtual machine environment is preferred. Ability to work under strict time frames to meet both internal and external deadlines and customer expectations.
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required