Jr. Level Web C# Application Developer
Location Huntsville, AL - On Site with Government Customer
Summary: AVNIK is a Woman Owned Small Business, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
The candidate will be working in support of a software development team that is designing and developing software applications that will enhance Army aviation activities. Main duties will include, planning, designing, developing, and testing a web application that will collect metrics in support of numerous projects across the Software Development Divisions portfolios of projects. The candidate will design and code websites, web applications, and web services while striving to create visually appealing sites and applications that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. Upon completion, the candidate will continue to provide application sustainment support as well as metrics collection support.
- Development experience with a full-stack, server-side web application framework using the MVC pattern (ASP.NET)
- Experience writing SQL queries for storing data in SQL databases
- Up-to-date knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS 3 standards
- Experience developing client-side scripts in jQuery
- Grasp of UI, Web User Interface Design (UI), cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, and standards
- Solid grasp of full-stack web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices and patterns
- Candidates must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
Desired Skills: Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in computer engineering, computer science, or related technical field is required with 0 - 3 years of experience; or High School and 6+ years of experience in related field.
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
To apply for this position click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com
For questions call: 256.217.5870