Location Huntsville, AL - On-Site with US Government Customer
Summary: AVNIK is a Woman Owned Small Business, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
The candidate for this position provides software and database development as a SQL Data Base Administrator (DBA). The candidate will be working as part of a software development team that is designing and developing software applications to enhance Army aviation maintenance and logistics operations. Activities include performing analysis, design and development according to existing coding standards and guidelines. Candidate will interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from customer; review, verify and/or validate system specifications and other design-related documentation.
- Demonstrated multi-database synchronization experience and SSIS development
- C# Programming & Experience with .NET Framework and Visual Studio IDE, DAL and ORM development
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Work closely with the Software Development team to provide workable normalized schemas and stored procedures
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams
- Ability to create requirements specifications, design documentation and other technical documentation
- Experience creating data warehouses
- Experience working with enterprise level systems using SQL Server
- Demonstrated knowledge of good relational database development practices
- Candidates must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Database development with Scrum/Agile development methodology
- Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge of Army Aviation systems and data is a plus
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in computer engineering, computer science, or related technical field is required with 3 - 10 years of experience; or High School and 9+ years of experience in related field.
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employme
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
To apply for this position click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions call: 256.217.5870