Location: Huntsville, AL – On site with Government Customer
Schedule: Full Time
Position Description: At AVNIK we're different. We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits.
At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As an Army Aviation maintenance Subject Matter Expert (SME) and member of our team, you’ll be charged with planning and integrating US Army Aviation Condition Based Maintenance Plus (CBM+) concepts, policies, and procedures for the practical integration, application, and implementation to improve future Maintenance and Sustainment programs. You’ll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal customer personnel as well as external organizations and stakeholders. As the AVN Maintenance SME, you’ll provide program input, project development and management for long-range planning to support CBM+ strategic initiatives. Come strive in a fast-pace environment while learning and growing in the field of Army Aviation to reduce Soldier Burden, Increase Availability, Enhance Safety, and Reduce Operational & Support (O&S) Costs.
- Perform program studies and analysis on other maintenance policies, practices and procedures in an effort to improve the Army’s CBM+ program.
- Liaison to internal and external stakeholders, to include DoD, Academia, Industry and field organizations/technical personnel for long-range planning and forecasting to support CBM+ strategic initiatives.
- Provide a “field” perspective in regards to CBM, Digital Source Collectors (DSC) and CBM+ for USG customer and to higher echelons such as AMC and DA. DSCs include: Cargo Platform Health Environment (CPHE), Modernized Signal Processing Unit (MSPU) and Integrated Vehicle Health Maintenance System (IVHMS)
- Management Tracking of Project/Tasks and Assess Project Risk.
- Provide input and coordination with the USG customer in support of strategy development, changes to Army regulations, pamphlets, circulars and manuals.
- Participate in Work Groups and provide recommendations for improvement, taking and tracking actions to closure.
- Support customer requirements development for Program Objective Memorandum (POM) Inputs.
- Support Weekly ‘SIGACTS’ Reports, Summit Preparation, Quarterly Technical Reviews, and Monthly Reports. Present Monthly Updated Project Schedules.
- Develop Ad-Hoc Power Point Presentations, expertise with MS Office Suite programs
- US Citizenship is required for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline plus ten (10) years of experience; or twenty (20) years of related experience.
- Army aviation maintenance experience is required.
- Ability to apply real world aviation maintenance experience to the development of new maintenance enhancing technologies and programs.
- Demonstrated expertise with CBM+ technical enablers for Data Collection, Transmission, Storage, and Decision Support.
- Excellent creative problem solving skills
- Research, analyze, and aid in the development of new technologies and programs to support CBM+
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; ability to clearly express ideas/concepts in discussions and written documents and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully. Strong verbal and written skills to support interaction with customers; writing proposals, program plans, reports, policies, etc.; and present work for customer briefings and technical conferences when appropriate.
- Experience performing as part of multi-disciplinary Aviation Fielded Weapon Systems team/IPT/Working Groups to develop technology solutions. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office products to provide charts, graphs, data analysis and technical/engineering inputs as directed.
- Completion of the Aviation Maintenance Managers and Leaders Course is a plus
- Understanding of DoD and DA CBM+ policy and programs preferred.
Understanding of the US Army Logistics Information System (LIS) preferred
US Citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employme
- Ability to travel 10% or less
To apply for this position click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions call: 256.217.5870