Location Huntsville, AL
Summary: At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits.
At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our logistics engineering team, you'll be charged with performing sustainment analysis for Government customers. You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal and external organizations and stakeholders. You will perform as part of engineering/analyst team to conduct analysis, interpret, and analyze requirements obtained/derived from customer. Come strive in a fast-paced environment while learning and growing in the field of logistics engineering.
AVNIK is seeking a Software Developer/Programmer with 3 years of experience in the development of frontend User Interfaces and database analysis/queries.
Successful candidates should possess the ability to define and create a user interface for an existing SQLite database application. The ability to create queries and define analytical reports for display and export into multiple applications. Develops and maintains software development architecture and makes recommendations for improving application efficiency. Identify programming language best suited to develop multiple user interfaces for an existing application. Writes program code, compiles, debugs, tests, deploys, documents, and implements programs for new and existing systems (COTS/GOTS/ custom developed). In implementing this task, the candidate will work closely with several engineers to aid in technology development and task fulfillment. Develop sustainment simulations to measure the impact of upgrades/technology insertions to the overall logistics support for the assigned platform. Other duties require management of contract deliverables, lab equipment, and administrative needs of the team.
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain close relationships with internal AMRDEC personnel as well as external organizations and stakeholders, are essential. Candidates must clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing, perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams/IPTs/Working Groups, and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment.
Ability to identify, research, and analyze data sources/databases to understand the best practices for integration into an existing application.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in the development of User Interfaces and database analysis/queries.
- Apply real world programming experience to enhance existing applications.
- Research, analyze, and aid in the development of new simulation tools
- Support engineering teams to develop software solutions for technical issues
- Strong verbal and written skills to support interaction with customers; writing proposals, test plans, test reports, etc.; and present work for customer briefings and technical conferences when appropriate.
- Good communication skills to interact with non-software-developers in order to determine software requirements
- Capable of choosing the right programming language / tool to accomplish a particular task
- Experience with creation of documentation such as Data Item Descriptions (DID)
- Knowledgeable of a variety or programming languages / tools
- Self-starter, independent worker, strong work ethic
- Ability to deliver intermediate / incremental software results
- S. Citizenship is required for this position
- Expertise SQLite
- Experience with MATLAB
- Expertise with databases
- Knowledge of CAD tools and model reduction tools
- Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with MS Office Suite programs
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment.
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
To apply for this position click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions call: 256.217.5870