Location: Huntsville, AL, Army Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate, Redstone Arsenal, AL
Schedule: Full Time
The software developer will:
- Manage software application code using version control and problem tracking software expediently and accurately.
- Develop and test clean, portable, well-documented code to produce a high-reliability application.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Work effectively in an Agile software development (or adapted Agile) environment.
- Perform development activities to be done in compliance with application development, database and middleware guidelines and standards.
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, and simplification.
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Follow emerging technologies.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a recognized engineering discipline or related technical field is required and 2+ years of software development experience (4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree). Total of 6 years experience with no degree.
- 2+ years solid hands-on technical experience with .NET development using C#.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Strong time management, technical, analytical, and documentation skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to solve problems efficiently.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Desire to learn and try new technologies, to constantly improve your skillset and abilities.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Proven work experience as a Back-end.
- Strong background in software design and architecture.
- Experience with Web Services Integration (REST, SOAP).
- Familiarity with implementation for EAMS-A as identify and access management.
- Solid knowledge of XML, XML transformation, XML data binding framework.
- Solid understanding of JSON and experience creating JSON schemas and examples.
- Experience with the integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment.
- Working knowledge of single page web applications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Entity Framework and MVC development pattern.
- Advanced knowledge of application data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Experience with Angular 6, Typescript, and Bootstrap.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT, and project/sprint management tools, such as Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with software scaling.
- Experience developing and integrating web services and database technologies.
- Familiarity with Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) methodology and compliance.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Continuous Deployment is a plus.
- Knowledge of Army Aviation systems, processes and data is a plus.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is preferred.
- Active DoD secret clearance preferred.
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com for Questions Call: 256.217.5870