Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal, AL
Schedule: Full Time
Seeking a senior (Hortonworks 2.x or later engineer) to help design, develop, and secure Big Data solutions. Successful candidate will need to be physically located onsite at the client location in Huntsville, AL. Redstone Arsenal.
As a Senior Hadoop Engineer you will solve problems for clients using Big Data and Hortonworks Hadoop ecosystem technologies. You will help them design a solution to solve their business and technical problems, and work with a software development team to implement those changes.
- Perform structured data analytics on Hadoop using various methods for SQL on Hadoop using Hive
- Consult with client to address data governance and security requirements
- Identify and apply performance tuning for Hive
- Perform POC deployments and conversions
- Install technical security controls using Kerberos and SSL
- Select the right approach of technology depending on data type and latency requirements for batch, interactive and streaming data analytics
- Train project team and clients in usage and features of big data technologies, through in-person training sessions and
- Support hard ware deployments
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- A minimum of ten years’ work experience designing, developing and deploying application and systems using multiple paradigms and development methodologies
- A minimum of three years’ work experience developing systems using Hadoop, Java and Nifi
- Deep Hadoop development
- Deep Java development experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash, Groovy) and at least one SQL variant
- Knowledge and use of ETL tools and methods
- Ability to install and configure components in the Unix/Linux environment
- Experience following the Software Development Lifecycle, preferably agile
- Use of version control systems such as Git or SVN
- Basic comprehension of distributed systems and how they work
- Basic understanding of networking and data centers
- Possess a one or more technical certifications such as: Security +
- Hortonworks Certified Hadoop 2.X Administrator or Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Intellectual curiosity and demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem solving ability
- Track record of learning new technologies and methods quickly
- Ability to architect designs and solutions based on client problems
- Ability to program a solution based on provided design
- Ability to see pros/cons for approaches and reason about them
- Proven experience explaining complex topics to others and communicating effectively with clients
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team of other consultants and/or client representatives
- Position requires that candidate successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment.
- This position may require the candidate to obtain an INTERIM SECRET security clearance; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance may impact continued employment.
- US Citizenship is required.
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org for Questions Call: 256.217.5870