Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Schedule: Full Time
Seeking a Network Engineer in support of the Systems, Simulation, Software, and Integration (S3I) Indicium Product Office. The chosen candidate will have technical responsibility for the planning, design, and installation of a variety of solutions across an enterprise network. The candidate will also provide support for project planning; assist in troubleshooting network and system issues; and develop recommendations for new technologies, as appropriate.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements, and supports LAN/WAN networks and systems.
- Develops and maintains network system and service configurations.
- Documents and troubleshoots network and system issues.
- Creates and maintains network diagrams and documentation.
- Recommends upgrades for network equipment and network service applications.
- Tests and evaluates network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements.
- Configures network endpoints to include workstations and audio/visual endpoints (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree, with 4 years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Must have CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Must have CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
- Experience deploying and managing TACLANEs
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio applications
- Ability to deploy for CONUS and OCONUS support (may be up to 25% per year)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience deploying and managing firewalls (Palo Alto and/or Cisco ASA)
- Experience with network management and monitoring toolsets such as NetScout, Wireshark, NextHop, SolarWinds, etc.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux workstation and server configuration and operation
- Familiar with multicast network configuration and operation
- Familiar with Cisco Telephony and AV endpoints such as VoIP Phones and VTC Units
- CCNP/CCIE certification
- CISSP certification
Travel Required: CONUS and OCONUS support (may be up to 25% per year)
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org for Questions Call: 256.217.5870