Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
Summary: AVNIK is seeking a forward thinking retired Sr. Army Aviation Maintenance Officer or Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) with 20+ years of US Army Aviation experience and 15+ years of Aviation Maintenance experience that desires to help shape the future of Army Aviation.
At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits. At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our logistics engineering team, you'll be charged with performing maintenance and sustainment analysis for PEOAVN Government customers, such as PM FVL for future light attack reconnaissance aircraft and also future long range utility/attack aircraft. You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal and external organizations and stakeholders.
You will perform as part of an engineering/analyst team to develop requirements for new technologies, conduct analysis, interpret, and analyze requirements obtained/derived from customer requirements. Come strive in a fast-paced environment while learning and growing in the field of logistics engineering.
Successful candidates should possess expertise with one or more of the following: Reconnaissance (OH-58), Attack (AH-64), Man-Unmanned Teaming (MUM-T), Utility (UH-60), and Cargo (CH-47) aircraft/systems to perform strategic sustainment support and analysis.
Demonstrated abilities to establish and maintain close relationships with internal PEOAVN PM FVL personnel as well as external organizations and stakeholders, are essential. Ability to identify, research, and analyze data sources/databases to cite critical data and information for logistics engineering analysis for Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) and Key System Attributes (KSAs) in accordance with the Integrated Product Support (IPS) elements for lifecycle sustainment planning.
Candidates must clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing. Must have a well refined ability to develop documentation, conduct Business Case Analyses; and perform System Development and Sustainment Assessments of current and proposed design alternatives for supportability throughout the lifecycle of the weapon system. Ability to identify technology opportunities for integration into lifecycle sustainment development activities. Identify cost opportunities to “drive down” logistics costs in terms of future sustainment activities. Conduct sustainment analysis of the impact of upgrades/technology insertions to the overall logistics support for the assigned platform.
You will perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams/IPTs/Working Groups, and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment supporting PM FVL to include Logistics, Acquisition, Requirements, and Science & Technology (S&T), and International engagement with the following details:
- Life Cycle Logistics IPT to support 12 IPS elements; logistics documentation (Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSPs); sustainment concept for a notional FVL aircraft, focusing on: Unique aspects of examined aircraft configuration, Lifecycle cost prediction, and Novel approaches to achieve Future Sustainment Concept Goals, including lifecycle Digital Thread (DT); Impact Study to explore sustainment trade-space, design impacts, and opportunities for FVL; and Continue development of current DT capability to extend beyond production, as-built application to full lifecycle, as-configured/as-maintained application to achieve Future Sustainment Concept Goals such as Maintenance Free Operating Period (MFOP), Health State Awareness, and Aircraft Reliability.
- Acquisition IPT to support Business Case Analysis, Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) Study Plan and Study Guidance - Draft Specifications, Airworthiness Standards Compliance, and Systems Engineering database Development.
- Requirements IPT to support CONOPs Development, Mission Gaps Identification, Bridging Attributes Development, DOTmLPF-P Implications, Fielding Strategy Development, and Development of alternatives for AoA
- S&T IPT to support Joint Multi-Role Technical Demonstration (JMR TD) Architecture & Vehicle Demonstrations, Enterprise S&T Investment Strategy Development, Technology Risk Identification and Mitigation Strategy, and FVL Analytical Support
- International Engagement IPT to support Oversight of International Engagements, Engagement Roadmap Development, and Maximize Early Partner Participation
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Apply real world maintenance experience to the development of new maintenance enhancing technologies.
- Research, analyze, and aid in the development of these technologies
- Support engineering teams to develop technology solutions
- Strong verbal and written skills to support interaction with customers, reports, Modification Work Orders (MWOs), etc.; and present work for customer briefings when appropriate. writing proposals,
- Retired CW5 - US Army Battalion Aviation Maintenance Officer (BAMO) or Regiment Aviation Maintenance Officer (RAMO) or Senior Non Commissioned Officer (NCO)
- Retired CW4 or CW5 – Aviation Maintenance Technician (151A) with resource management and aviation procurement experience at TCM, PEO, LCMC, and/or HQDA-G4 levels.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 20+ years Army Aviation experience and 15+ years Army Aviation Maintenance experience
- Experience with MS Office Suite programs is essential
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills; ability to clearly communicate in discussions and written documents, and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully is essential.
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employme
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com for Questions Call: 256.217.5870