Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
Summary: AVNIK is seeking a systems analyst with a BA/BS + 3 years of experience in Army Aviation and the acquisition process for new systems.
At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits. At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our logistics engineering team, you'll be charged with performing systems sustainment analysis for PEOAVN Government customers, such as PM FVL for future light attack reconnaissance aircraft and also future long range utility/attack aircraft. You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal and external organizations and stakeholders.
You will perform as part of an engineering/analyst team to collect and shape data into actionable information, develop action items and courses of action for decision makers. Assist in the analysis of requirements for new technologies, conduct analysis, and interpret requirements obtained/derived from customer requirements. Come strive in a fast-paced environment while learning and growing in the field of logistics engineering.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge of the Army acquisition process as applied to future aviation platforms. Knowledge of Army aviation sustainment is desired with one or more of the following systems: Apache, Blackhawk, Chinook, and/or Kiowa.
Demonstrated abilities to establish and maintain close relationships with internal PEOAVN PM FVL personnel as well as external organizations and stakeholders, are essential. Ability to identify, research, and analyze data sources/databases to cite critical data and information for logistics engineering analysis for Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) and Key System Attributes (KSAs) in accordance with the Integrated Product Support (IPS) elements for lifecycle sustainment planning.
Candidates must clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing. Must have a well refined ability to develop logistics engineering/acquisition documentation, and assist System Development and Sustainment Assessments of current and proposed design alternatives for supportability throughout the lifecycle of the weapon system.
You will perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams/IPTs/Working Groups, and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment supporting PM FVL to include Logistics, Acquisition, Requirements, and Science & Technology (S&T).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Research, analyze, and aid in the development of new technologies
- Support engineering teams to develop technology solutions
- Strong verbal and written skills to support interaction with customers:
- Document meetings minutes
- Capture and track action items to closure, and writing reports, etc.
- Develop courses of action, briefings, and present customer briefings
- Support the writing of proposals
- Self-starter that can work with limited supervision and guidance
Preferred Experience: Systems analyst with 3 + years’ experience in Army Aviation acquisition and aviation sustainment concepts.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent technical experience
- 3+ years Army Aviation experience
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite programs is essential
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills; ability to clearly communicate in discussions and written documents, and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully is essential.
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employme
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is require
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org for Questions Call: 256.217.5870