Location Huntsville, AL
Summary: At AVNIK, we're different! Quality of life is non-negotiable. We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts, and have superb benefits. As a member of our logistics engineering team, you'll be challenged with developing software user tools for sustainment analysis of Government weapon systems. You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal and external organizations and stakeholders. Come strive in a fast-paced environment while learning and growing in the field of logistics engineering.
AVNIK is seeking a Full-Stack Software Developer with a minimum of 3 years of experience developing front-end user interfaces for desktop applications and back-end SQL database development, query analysis, and reporting services. It is essential for the candidate to establish and maintain close relationships with internal AMRDEC personnel, as well as external organizations and stakeholders. Candidates must clearly express ideas and concepts, perform as part of a multi-disciplinary team/IPTs/Working Groups, and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to define and create a user interface for an existing SQLite database application.
- Design, develop, test, and implement database systems for application development.
- Create queries and define analytical reports for display and export into multiple applications.
- Optimize the software application for productivity.
- Identify and implement programming language best suited to develop multiple user interfaces for an existing application (C, C#, Java, LabVIEW or other similar tools).
- Generate, compile, debug, test, and deploy code.
- Document and implement code for new and existing systems (COTS/GOTS/custom developed).
- Work closely with engineers to aid in technology development and task fulfillment.
- Develop sustainment simulations to measure the impact of upgrades/technology insertions to the overall logistics support for the assigned platform.
- Good communication skills to interact with non-software-developers in order to determine software requirements
- Familiar with SCRUM/Agile development methodology – with ability to deliver intermediate / incremental software results
- Self-starter, independent worker, strong work ethic
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills; ability to clearly communicate in discussions and written documents, and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully is essential.
- Expertise with SQLite
- BS Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include: 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment.
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is Required.
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.