Location: Huntsville, AL (Redstone Arsenal)
Schedule: Full Time
Summary: At AVNIK, we're different! Quality of life is non-negotiable. We work smart and have a blast doing it. We hire experts, and have superb benefits. As a member of our engineering team, you'll be challenged with conducting sustainment analysis for Government weapon systems. You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal and external organizations and stakeholders. Come strive in a fast-paced environment while learning and growing in the field of engineering.
Job Description: The candidate for this position will provide systems engineering support to the AMRDEC. The candidate will be working as part of a engineering team that is providing systems engineering support in logistics, sustainment, and procurement analysis. Ability to identify, research, and analyze data sources/databases to cite critical data and information for engineering analysis. It is essential for the candidate to establish and maintain close relationships with internal AMRDEC personnel. Candidates must clearly express ideas and concepts, perform as part of a multi-disciplinary team/IPTs/Working Groups, and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment.
- Provide technical insight into logistics and sustainment support
- Provide input to team on discussion of technical issues, tasks, briefings, goals, potential funding outlets, etc.
- Provide charts, graphs, data analysis and technical/engineering inputs as directed.
- Prepare and present briefings on analysis, current tasks, schedules, and goals
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Professional communication skills demonstrated on a daily basis
Education & Citizenship Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Engineering or Applied Mathematics, or related technical field is required and 2-4 years of experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of education. Advanced degree is a plus. Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are mandatory
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets is mandatory
- Ability to work with large and complex data sets
- Self-starter, independent worker, strong work ethic
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills; ability to clearly communicate in discussions and written documents, and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully is essential.
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience working with databases using SQL queries
- Experience working with MATLAB
- Experience writing technical reports and briefings
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include: 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment.
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is Required.
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com for Questions Call: 256.217.5870