Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
Job Description: At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits. At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our software team, you'll be charged with performing software development for the US Army. You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal and external organizations and stakeholders.
AVNIK is seeking a mid-level systems administrator with 4+ yrs experience. Duties include providing technical expertise supporting information system components, infrastructure integration, and maintenance to satisfy architectural and business requirements in support of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Aviation & Missile Center’s Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate; Indicium Product Office at Redstone Arsenal, AL.
The candidate also monitors system performance, administers system security, and troubleshoots problems as they occur. The candidate must be a self-starter and able operate with minimal supervision.
The position will include collaboration within a team environment while emphasizing individual contributions to produce products that are valuable to the customer. Candidates must have good people skills, the desire to work with a highly technical team, clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing, perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment. Ability to work under strict time frames to meet both internal and external deadlines and customer expectations. Must be able to work independently, balance multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new processes.
Education Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, management of technology, MIS and other related field or at least 4 years’ information systems engineering and design experience is required.
Required Skills and Certifications with 4 years in the following:
- Must have Security+ CE or CISSP Certification and Operating System Certification (Windows)
- Experience with administration of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012)
- Understanding of modern TCP/IP networking fundamentals for local area networks
- Experience with patching and deploying software products and updates using Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and System Center components
- Familiar with managing and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
- Experience with Virtual Machines and hardware virtualization technology (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Experience with system imaging processes and software (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Macrium)
- Experience with Multifactor Authentication and PKI
- Experience with STIG processes/procedures
- US Citizenship, Active Secret Clearance, or ability to acquire one
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) systems: Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Nessus
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL components
- Familiar with Microsoft IIS and SharePoint services
Travel: This position may require that the individual be able to travel to support equipment installations, maintenance and operations at both Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) locations. Duration and amount of travel may vary but may be up to 10% spread throughout the year.
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: email@example.com for Questions Call: 256.217.5870