Mid Systems Administrator- Servers and Networking - US Citizenship Required, Secret Clearance
Location: Huntsville, AL, Redstone Arsenal
Schedule: Full Time
Job Description: AVNIK is seeking a mid-level systems administrator with 3+ yrs experience in support of the NSITE. At AVNIK, we're different! We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits. At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our software team, you'll be charged with performing software development for the US Army. You'll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal and external organizations and stakeholders.
AVNIK is seeking a mid-level systems administrator with 3+ yrs experience. Duties include supporting information system components, infrastructure integration, and maintenance to satisfy architectural and business requirements in support of the Systems, Simulation, Software, and Integration (S3I) Indicium Network, System Integration and Test Environment (NSITE) at Redstone Arsenal, AL. The candidate also monitors system performance, administers system security, and troubleshoots problems as they occur while providing support to a team of software engineers and testers. The candidate must be a self-starter and able operate with minimal supervision.
The position will include collaboration within a team environment while emphasizing individual contributions to produce products that are valuable to the customer. Candidates must have good people skills, the desire to work with a highly technical team, clearly express ideas/concepts verbally and in writing, perform as part of multi-disciplinary teams and operate fluidly in a multi-tasking environment. Ability to work under strict time frames to meet both internal and external deadlines and customer expectations. Must be able to work independently, balance multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new processes.
Education Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Technology, Management of Information Systems (MIS) or other related field and at least 3 years’ information systems engineering and design experience is required. 10 years of direct related experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor systems performance and maintain operations
- Control access to systems
- Support the requirements of the Software Engineering Team and report to the Lab Lead
- Update, configure, build, and maintain lab systems
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Visio drawings/diagrams
- Record, troubleshoot, and solve issues identified by users
- Work independently and with other engineers on requirements development, system architecture and system design
- Manage and support an Active Directory environment
Required Skills and Certifications:
- Must have Security+ CE or CISSP Certification and Operating System Certification (Windows)
- Experience with administration of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012)
- Understanding of modern TCP/IP networking fundamentals for local area networks
- Experience with patching and deploying software products and updates using Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) components
- Experience with managing and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
- Familiar with virtual machines and hardware virtualization technology (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Familiar with multifactor authentication and PKI
- Experience with STIG processes/procedures and addressing vulnerabilities
- US Citizenship, Active Secret Clearance, or ability to acquire one
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) systems: Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Nessus
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL components
- Familiar with Microsoft IIS and SharePoint services
- Understanding of KVM and video distribution systems
To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
AVNIK Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org for Questions Call: 256.217.5870