Location Huntsville, AL
Position Description: At AVNIK we're different. We work hard and have a blast doing it. We hire experts. We have superb benefits.
At AVNIK, quality of life is non-negotiable. As a member of our Logistics Engineering team, you’ll be charged with bridging the gap between Army Aviation systems design and sustainment in accordance with the 12 Product Support Elements (PSE) for lifecycle sustainment planning. You’ll use your interpersonal skills to develop lasting relationships with internal Product Managers and US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Aviation and Missile Center (AvMC) personnel as well as external organizations and PM stakeholders. You will perform Baseline Comparison Analysis, Business Case Analysis (BCA), perform development/sustainment assessments, and identify technology opportunities, using your engineering expertise for Army Aviation problems. Come strive in a fast-pace environment while learning and growing in the field of Logistics Engineering and lifecycle development and sustainment activities.
- Perform Baseline Comparison Analysis; perform System Development and Sustainment Assessments of current and proposed design alternatives for supportability throughout the lifecycle of the weapon system
- Identify technology opportunities for integration into the lifecycle sustainment development activities
- Identify cost opportunities to “drive down” logistic costs in terms of future sustainment activities
- Conduct research and analysis to perform weapon systems Business Case Analysis (BCA) as part of multi-disciplinary Aviation Fielded Weapon Systems Working Groups
- Identify, research, and analyze data sources/databases to cite critical data and information for logistics engineering analysis for Key Performance Parameters (KPP’s) and Key System Attributes (KSA’s) in accordance with the PSEs for lifecycle sustainment planning
- Support engineering teams to develop technology solutions
- Develop and document task analysis that provide step-by-step procedures to perform: operational checks; preventive maintenance checks; remove and replace tasks; troubleshooting tasks and in documenting product structure.
- Conduct Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Perform logistics planning to include scheduling and determining resources for specific tasks
- Experience developing Logistics Product Data (LPD) for Aviation weapons systems
- Knowledgeable with GEIA-STD-0007 and knowledgeable of relational databases to document data associated with GEIA-STD requirements.
- US Citizenship is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline plus six (6) years of experience; or ten (10) years of related experience. Advanced degree a plus (MS + 4 YOE or PdH + 2 YOE).
- Experience is required with Army Aircraft Systems or Prior Military Service to support a variety of Army Aviation Systems Development, Integration, Sustainment and Logistics Engineering.
- Expertise with one of the following Aviation systems is required: Apache AH-64, Blackhawk UH-60/MH-60, Cargo CH-47/MH-47, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), Turbine Engines, and Future Vertical Lift
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; ability to clearly express ideas/concepts in discussions and written documents and to deliver regular updates and feedback clearly and tactfully.
- Experience performing as part of multi-disciplinary Aviation Fielded Weapon Systems team/IPT/Working Groups
- Proficiency with MS Office products to provide charts, graphs, data analysis and technical/engineering inputs as directed.
- U.S Citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance. Possession of an INTERIM SECRET security clearance is required to begin employment; Ability to maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment.
- Ability to successfully complete Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks for continued employment
- Ability to travel 10% or less
To apply for this position click the button below to fill out the online application and submit your resume.
AVNIK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salary/benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience/degree.